Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Reflection #12

Last class was another great class because Doc Chris invited a guest to class, Cynthia Lyles-Quinn.  This was another class where we had the opportunity to apply what we have learned in class.  Half of the class went with Doc Chris to set up the studio, while the other half of the class, including me, sat and got to know Cynthia before the interview.  We asked her questions like what she did for her job, how she got interested in her profession, and how she helped those who were affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Following this conversation, she questioned each one of us to see what we are interested in and gave us tips for how we can better prepare for our future.  

Finally, they had the studio set up with three lights, a huge camera, and an extremely professional interviewing set.  I was sick so I was put on disability, and because of this my job was to take pictures before the interview began.  Unfortunately, I was unable to stay and witness the whole interview process, but the prep for the interview was extremely intricate.  I found the most interesting part was watching Professor Jay show the Squad how to work in the booth.  Seeing the way they changed the camera views was really neat and I think if I got into production I would definitely want to work behind the scenes.  Below are some pictures from the set up and before the interview began:

 







No comments:

Post a Comment