Thursday, December 10, 2015

Final

Here is an overview of the class followed by a slideshow of all the pictures I took in over the course of the class. Below is a slideshow of the all the shots I took for the class:



1. What I learned in class:
I learned so much over the course of this semester, especially things concerning the techniques of shooting video.  First we learned about the 3 stages of the production process, which are pre-production, production, and post production.  Pre-production incorporates things like planning, writing, and location scouting.  Production is the process of actually shooting this material and post production include tasks like editing and advertising.  As for shot composition there are several types of shots one can take, such as extreme closeup, closeup, medium closeup, full shot, and location establishing shots.  When shooting there are two cardinal rules, the first being when you are shooting inside the first thing you do is TURN THE LIGHTS OFF.  Second, when shooting outside you never shoot in the direction of the sun. Finally, there are three types of lighting, which are key light (directly on the face of the subject), fill light (horizontal lighting), and back light (lighting the back of the subject).  

2. Where you have seen something you've learned in the real world?
I have seen numerous things I could use in the real world, such as shot composition.  When I am taking photos I now know the best ways to set up the subjects I am shooting.  I also see this with music videos and movies...the better one uses shot composition the better one can get their point across.  I feel now because I understand all this I can apply it to the real world and understand companies further with their techniques. 

3. What is my strongest asset?  

I think my strongest asset is my creativity because it allows me brainstorm the best ways a shot could be set up or edited.  I am always able to offer a different idea or way of looking at something, which often time helps people reconsider an idea to better it.  


4. What is my favorite music video?  Break down the shot composition.
My favorite music video is Try by P!nk because it is so unique.  It begins with an establishing shot of the dessert and proceeds to several shots using various light sources to create this darken, dramatic scene.  Continuously the shots go back and forth between shots of her with this guy in this house and her by herself in the dessert.  This insinuates that she is struggling with the relationship she has with this man, while trying to decide if she wants him in her life.  During the parts in the house they use the windows with fake light coming through then to only light the room enough to draw attention to her and this guy.  While outside they use the sun as the main source of light that draws attention to how alone she is out in this dessert.  This video includes many acrobatic actions, therefore they use the light also to emphasize the shadows on the people to better show their muscles.  This continues all throughout the video and at the end of the video it shows them running towards each other - the shots go back and forth focusing on each individual until they finally meet at the end.  Here is the link to the music video: Try - P!nk

5. Discuss the class in general.  What will you remember most about it?
When I signed up for this class I was not expecting to have so much hands on experience and I think this is one of the aspects of the course that made it so enjoyable.  Also Doc Chris was an incredible professor and truly showed how much he cared about us.  I think the thing I will remember is the spontaneity of Doc Chris and all the things he would say to keep us entertained.  I think the trials, stories about his work, and times when he would start singing and dancing are only a few of the things to summarize how much fun Doc was as a professor.  Overall, this video class was one of my best classes this semester.  
                                                                                                                                                                          


Below is my video reflection summarizing my overall feelings for the class:




No comments:

Post a Comment